Tuesday, September 23, 2008

National Book Festival

Just a heads up my fellow book worms:

The National Book Festival
Saturday, September 27, 2008
The National Mall, Washington DC
10am to 5pm
Man, the Mall is going to be crowded this day, with people checking out the new ocean exhibition at the National Museum of Natural History and more than 100,000 bibliophiles attending the Library of Congress's annual book love-in. The festival takes place between Third and Seventh streets.

More than 70 authors will be in attendance including Salman Rushdie, Bob Schieffer, Michelle Singletary, R.L. Stine, Paul Theroux, Neil Gaiman, Philippa Gregory, Kimberly Dozier and more.

(http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?node=cityguide/profile&id=1093050&categories=Book%20Events&venueid=1025752)

2 comments:

whitney said...

I completely missed the memo about R.L. Stine being there! OMG, I LOVED Goosebumps growing up...plus his Cheerleaders series frightened me away from ever trying out for my middle school or HS squad...PLEASE take a pic with him for me, lol.

Nikita T. Mitchell said...

LMAO - i guess i'll have to google his pic cuz i def don't know what he looks like and I never read his books (i had nightmares easily as a kid lol)