Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Amazon Wish List


Dear UL readers, here is something else that you must, must know about me: I am a listmaker. I have lists for everything. Grocery lists, to-do lists, things to do before I'm 25 lists, books/stories I want to write lists, movies I want to see lists, jobs to apply for...if it can be done, then I will list it.

So, the Amazon Wish List has become a virtual smorgosboard of inspiration for me. Not only can I keep track of all the fabulous books I hear about on NPR (which never seem to make their way to my home!) or friends, I can also remember that I have to snag a pair of Vera Wang for Kohls' cute purple gloves.

If you don't have one, get one immedately. It really helps to relieve some of the anxiety you feel when you know there's good stuff out there that you keep forgetting to do/read.

Some of the books on my to-read list are:

The Book of Night Women, Marlon James: An NPR find, this book sounds fascinating. I'll actually be reading it, God-willing, once I finish The Stranger by Albert Camus.

Said the Shotgun to the Head, Saul Williams. I'm not a fan of poetry, but I am a huge Saul Williams fan. He's the sexy, artsy hustler of my dreams.

The Jungle Book, Rudyard Kipling. I'll admit that I had no idea one of my favorite childhood movies was a book. After Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wintz named their firstborn Bronx Mowgli, I was inspired to read the inspiration.

Click here for the full list. What books will you put in your to-read wish list?

2 comments:

Elle* said...

I,too, am one of those perpetual list-makers!

Nikita T. Mitchell said...

That's why I love Goodreads so much - it makes it SUPER easy for me to keep track of my book lists! Also, I started an Amazon wishlist of inspirational Movies that I intend to buy one day.. oh and I've added a few shoes to the wishlist as well. That was just in a moment of weakness though (sigh).