Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer Reading: Mademoiselle M

I’m personally not a big planner of my future reading unless I’m reading something for a class or book club. Therefore, I only have two planned books for this summer – aside from our James Joyce selection. However, I assure you that there will most be several more that I drown myself in before Labor Day hits!

Here goes the two that I do not plan on finishing my summer without having read:

The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, and Broke
By Suze Orman

Suze has been my new homie for a few months now. I’ve watched the DVD that goes with this book and I’ve read her other book Women and Money. I’ve also watched her show a few times. I love this woman’s style: very simple, straight to the point, and entertaining. Add this to the fact that I’m working my way into multi-millionaire status – starting early and going slow is the best method my friends – I am dedicated to learning all the personal finance knowledge I possibly can as early in my career as I possibly can.

The Art of Seduction
By Robert Green

A friend of mine has started a summer reading group and this is one of the books that she has chosen. It really appeals to me, not only because of the sexual context but also because of the benefits of this information in a professional context. Think about it: in any career you will need to master the art of persuasion. Seduction is probably the ultimate form of persuasion – which after taking a class on the elements of persuasion, I am completely intrigued by. I am fidgeting in my seat with excitement just thinking about how vibrant our group’s conversation will be!

The next several books I choose will be a toss up between those that appeal to me on my or my mother’s bookshelves at that moment and the top-rated books that I have on my “to-read” shelf at www.goodreads.com. I’ll keep you posted.

*bises*
Mademoiselle M

4 comments:

Elle* said...

I absolutely adore this blog about one of my fave things: books! "Portrait..." is on my to-read list so I think I may join in with you guys!
Happy Reading!

Coleman said...

Young, Fabulous and Broke is an excellent book I got it this Saturday and just read through it yesterday, I feel you future fellow multi-millionaire!

Nikita T. Mitchell said...

Elle: YAY! I'm glad you've joined us. I'm still wearing black in mourning for the disappearance of your blog. but this one is slowly bringing me back to life!

Marcus: us future millionaires must unite. Have any other finance book recommendations (that you've read recently) perfect for those of us just starting the journey?

whitney said...

Marcus + Mme. M: (in a shy voice) May I join the future millionaires? Pretty please? LOL.

Elle!!! So glad that you've joined us...I'm still on page 80-something of Portrait, so hopefully you'll be able to read it faster than me :)